In this course we will analyze the product life cycle starting from raw materials, manufacturing and the products we use every day. We will study how to use materials in more efficient way, so that materials can have longer life cycle and how they are able to re-enter the production cycle instead of disposal at the end of their useful life. The objective is to develop methods to achieve the circular economy that is the result of decisions and strategies, where suppliers, designers, companies, policy makers and all consumers adopt a new paradigm for production and consumption. We will review some study cases to achieve sustainability, the course also teaches skills and tools to analyze circular business models and promotes the development of your own ideas to become more involved in the transition to a circular economy.
Duration: 4 Weeks
Students, Professionals all levels
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand the principles and foundations of the Circular Economy.
- Analyze the benefits of the Circular Economy and the sources of value creation it generates.
- Learn the types of circular innovations that can be applied in companies.
- See examples of the application of the principles of the Circular Economy and cases of application of the principles of the Circular Economy in companies.
- See ways to manage social, environmental, and government risks in companies.
- Know the legislation, strategies, and incentives to support the Circular Economy, at the level of the European Union, and international multilateral agreements.
- Analyze how the principles of the Circular Economy can be applied in: the textile, plastic, and waste sectors urban areas.
- How do electricity systems work? An introduction
- How do different types of electricity generation technology work?
- How are electricity systems affected by increased penetrations of variable renewables?
- Options for managing increased penetrations of variable renewables
- What might the future hold?
- Policies and incentives to overcome barriers
What is refund policy?
If you subscribed, you get a 7-day free trial during which you can cancel at no penalty. After that, we don’t give refunds, but you can cancel your subscription at any time. See our full refund policy.
Can I just enroll on a single course?
Yes! To get started, click the course card that interests you and enroll. You can enroll and complete the course to earn a shareable certificate, or you can audit it to view the course materials for free. When you subscribe to a course that is part of a Specialization, you’re automatically subscribed to the full specialization. Visit your learner dashboard to track your progress.
Is financial aid available?
Yes! To get started, click the course card that interests you and enroll. You can enroll and complete the course to earn a shareable certificate, or you can audit it to view the course materials for free. When you subscribe to a course that is part of a Specialization, you’re automatically subscribed to the full Specialization. Visit your learner dashboard to track your progress.
Can I take the course for free?
When you enroll in the course, you get access to all of the courses in the Specialization, and you earn a certificate when you complete the work. If you only want to read and view the course content, you can audit the course for free. If you cannot afford the fee, you can apply for financial aid.
Is this course really 100% online? Do I need to attend any classes in person?
This course is completely online, so there’s no need to show up to a classroom in person. You can access your lectures, readings and assignments anytime and anywhere via the web or your mobile device.
In order to pay using PayPal, you should register first, click on the REGISTER button and fill all required information then you will be redirected to PayPal payment.
For direct payment methods, you can pay directly to Take the Course button.
To know about other payment methods, you should contact to: email@example.com
The Center for Innovation and sustainability
23 King Street,
Module 1: Raw material sourcing
Module 2: Circular economy and Business Models
Module 3: Eco-Design, Innovation and Assessment.
Module 4: Circular Policy Action
Module 5: Circular Urban Metabolism Framework
Module 7: Case Study
Ecodesign and Circular EconomyENROLL NOW