It is unquestionable that all work activities imply a risk for workers. All industries need to comply with safety regulations to protect their manpower and their operations, but also this requires the fulfillment of a set of increasingly stringent specific obligations by employers.
Occupational and healthy obligations are based on a set of specific regulations and rules that start from top management to the workshop level and involves all operations, International regulations are gradually incorporated into national policies, progressively advancing to every production and business activity.
If we add to this the ever-widening social demand, which requires regulation and vigilance of health and safety conditions, we understand the interest of organizations, whatever their size, to achieve management of the occupational health and safety that allows them to control their risks and comply with current legislation.
The master program in Environmental Technology and Engineering of University CEPES provides an interdisciplinary education in management and engineering fundamentals, with an emphasis on the study of technologies and trends to preserve our natural environment and efficient use of natural resources.
This master program Master of Science in Occupational, Safety and Health
is conducted by the University of CEPES in Mexico
The online degrees have international validity and are recognized by educational authorities in Mexico accredited by RVOE:MAES091107
, Code: D.G.P. 617542
Find more in the UNICEPES Oficial Site
- Train competent professionals to understand, occupational and health regulations and standards to prevent risks. Implement a policy on safety and health in the company, which enables the creation and maintenance of preventive risks that prevent occupational accidents and diseases.
- Study the fundamental concepts used in safety and know the techniques used in the prevention of workplace accidents.
- Know the way of acting in preventive matters, based on active or pre-incident methods, in particular: Risk assessment as an active technique / Types of risk assessments / Methodology of a general risk assessment / Measures to be taken after the assessment of risks.
- Study the set of actions dedicated to the identification, evaluation, and control of those chemical, physical, and biological agents present in the workplace that can cause diseases.
- Exposing some common health problems that can lead to an ergonomically poor situation in the workplace.
- Determine those organizational factors of work that can affect both the well-being or health (physical, psychological, and social) of the worker and the development of the work itself.
- Acquire the basic knowledge, purpose, and actions of Occupational Medicine.
- Know the training needs in occupational risk prevention of the different groups of companies and organizations.
- Understand the theoretical and practical aspects related to conflict and the most common resolution strategies: negotiation, mediation, and arbitration. Laying the foundations for the implementation of the ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, and OHSAS 18001 standards in the company.
Who is it for?
The proposed training methodology, added to the clarity, breadth, and didactics of the content design, allows the Master of Science in Occupational Safety and Health to be directed at university graduates of medium or higher degree who wish to receive training in safety and health to improve your job expectations.
Professional areas of a project manager
It is designed thinking especially to professionals or practitioners who come from the branch of engineering, medicine, architecture, chemistry, psychology, labor relations, nursing, among others, and all those professions directly linked to the departments of Prevention, Occupational Health, Production, Human Resources, Engineering, Quality, etc.
- Acta de Nacimiento (copia legible)
- Copia Certificada ante notario público de Grado de Licenciatura o Ingeniería
- Copia Certificada ante notario público de Cédula Profesional
- Copia Certificada ante notario público de Certificado de Estudios de Licenciatura o Ingeniería.
- C.V. actualizado
- Carta de Exposición de Motivos de ingreso firmada
- Solicitud de inscripción
- Solicitud de beca
- Fotografía Digital en formato .jpg (vestimenta formal, sobre un fondo blanco liso y con el rostro despejado).
- Citizenship card
- Birth Registration (legible copy)
- Certified copies of your Bachelor’s Degree or Engineering
- Certified Copy or Apostilled of Professional Card (if issued in the country of origin).
- Updated Resume
- Motivation letter
- Enrollment Request
- Scholarship Application (only to those who meet scholarship criteria)
- Digital Photography in .jpg format (formal dress, on a plain white background and with a clear face)
First Term: Prevention of occupational hazards
The first part allows to know and understand, firstly, the theoretical, conceptual and historical foundations involved in the prevention of occupational risks and, secondly, its organizational, social and technological implementation.
The objective is to ensure that students acquire a global vision of prevention, through different related multidisciplinary themes.
The subjects that make up the first part are shown below:
Fundamentals of occupational risk prevention
Work-related health issues
Training and communication
ISO 45001 & OHSAS 18001 and Audit
Work Team Management Techniques
Conflict Resolution and Negotiation Techniques
Quality management: ISO 9001
Environmental Management in the Company
These subjects, although being independent of each other, are complementary and are structured in the progress of the studies, according to a coherent pedagogical order. Each is divided into basic thematic units or chapters, directly related to one or more of a practical exercise and includes a theoretical support material and personalized follow-up by the area tutor.
Second Term: Specialization
Specializations allow the student to delve into those disciplines in the field of prevention that, both professionally and personally, are of greatest interest to them. The student must exclusively choose one of the following specializations:
Safety at work
Hygiene at work
Ergonomics and Applied Psychosociology
Second Term: Scientific Research Methodology and Final Project or Dissertation Thesis
The last phase of the Program is devoted to studying the subject of Scientific Research Methodology and preparing the Final Master’s Project.
- Tuition Fee: $ 950 USD
- Total Fee for Full program: $ 8000 USD
- Degree registration fees: $ 1500 USD
- Cinnova offers scholarships for this program, review eligibility criteria before applying for scholarships.
- This program allows monthly installment payments up to 30 months.
- If you want to apply for financial assistance or scholarship please refer to the Scholarship program
The award of the scholarship below is based on application selection results. Only applicants that are accepted for enrolment in the program can be considered as candidates for the scholarship. Candidates should download and fill the form to request a scholarship/study grant, then submit all supporting documentation along with the application form to the admission office.
Applicants must provide accurate and true information and required documents for the scholarship all together with the required documents for admission to the Master´s degree program.
Scholarships provided through the Center For sustainable Innovation “CINNOVA”
Cinnova provides up to 50% tuition fee scholarship for postgraduate courses.
The discount equals 50% off the full course cost. The discount will be applied at the start of the course for Online programs.
The financial assistance does not cover the registration costs.
- Applicants must be from developing countries* who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- Applicants who are currently living in Mexico under a working visa are NOT eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants who want to pursue a second post-graduate degree at Cinnova are not eligible for the scholarship.
*Developing countries included in the latest OECD DAC list.
To apply for scholarships and study grants filling the registration form. If you need more information, feel free to contact the admission office to firstname.lastname@example.org and the admissions support by calling to +223 55 949 4799
Applications and Finacial assistance request until July 30th, 2020,
Classes start August 18th, 2020
In order to start your admission process please fill the application form attached and send us to email@example.com , one of our representatives will contact you shortly to guide you during the entire admission process.
Also, you can start your application online by clicking here:Online Applications
The Center for Innovation and Sustainability
ARS – East Legon, Accra
Tel.: +233 55 949 4799
Office Lima – Peru
The Center for Innovation and Sustainability
Admissions Office for Online education
Andromeda MzB, Block 20
Tel.: +51 64241807
Whatsapp: +51 988041893
Salazar Norte # 26, Col. Cuauhtémoc, C.P. 61506
Tel. 01 800 002 3737
Is financial aid available?
Yes, The Center for Innovation and sustainability provides financial aid to learners who cannot afford the fee. Apply for it by submiting your schollarship aplication to the program´s manager for evaluation.
How can I apply for a CINNOVA scholarship?
During admission selection process, outstanding applicants from developing countries with financial need will be automatically considered as candidates for the award of the CINNOVA scholarship. Thus, no separate application is necessary.
What is the status of the master’s programme at UNICEPES?
The master’s programme at UNICEPES officially recognised as a national institution of higher education by the Secretary of Public Education of the Ministry of Education, of Mexico. In addition, UNU-IAS postgraduate degree programmes were accredited by the National Institution for the Official Recognition of Studies (REVOE) of federal and national goverment in Mexico.
Do I need any professional experience in order to apply for the programme?
Our programme does not require professional experience.
Is the programme offered in Spanish or English?
The Master program is ofered both in Spanish and English languages, but you should demonstrate proficiency in the language of the program you area applying.
Do I need to have a bachelor’s degree in a certain field?
Interested applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in a field related to sustinability science.
Part-Time Program for International students
In addition to the Online Master´s program, UNICEPES and The Center for Innovation and Sustainability offer a part-time Dual Career Training Programme. The program has two Phases:
The first phase delivered Online that covers most of the program and the second phase is delivered in the University Campus in Morelia Mexico. The program meets the needs and availability of master’s students with full-time or part-time jobs, allowing them to combine their careers by obtaining a Master’s degree. Students will have the opportunity to gain more experience and knowledge by visiting sites and operations from important industries and projects in Mexico. For more information write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition Fees for Part-Time Programs
- Admission and Reservation Fees: $ 950 USD
- Overall tuition Fees: $ 8000 USD
- Degree Accreditation and Registration fee: $ 1500 USD
- This program allows monthly installment payments up to 30 months.
- The cost of the program Cover some living expenses for 10 days in Mexico such as Accommodation, Meals, Transport from the airport to the University campus.
- Outstanding Students are encouraged to apply for financial assistance to cover 50% of the cost of a roundtrip airline ticket. This may be subject to a previous assessment of the academic performance of the student during the program and other relevant aspects.
- These fees do not include Visa plications costs.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
The progress of science and engineering projects has led to important changes in the various facets of project execution.Register