Talking about environmental engineering is to talk about relatively new science, which is part of engineering, and which integrates ecological, social, economic and technological issues: therefore, it will have a lot to do with the concept of sustainable development.
The purpose of the master program in Environmental Technology and Engineering is to propose solutions that contribute to the performance of the life system and preserve our natural resources in order to improve the quality of life making all human activities more sustainable. However, combining economic growth with sustainable development is often complex, and may even seem contradictory, so it is the job of the environmental engineer to develop solutions that contribute to the country’s growth within the framework of sustainable development. An environmental professional will be responsible to diagnose, design, implement, investigate, manage and undertake possible solutions needed that arise in society in the respective work area or sphere of action.
The master program in Environmental Technology and Engineering of University CEPES provides an interdisciplinary education in management and engineering fundamentals, with an emphasis on the study of technologies and trends to preserve our natural environment and efficient use of natural resources.
This master program is conducted by the University of CEPES in Mexico
The online degrees have international validity and are recognized by educational authorities in Mexico accredited by RVOE: MAES080804, Code: D.G.P. 120570.
Find more in the UNICEPES Oficial Site
- Educate professionals in the environmental area who can work in multidisciplinary teams in the field of engineering and in the field of research.
- Learn new technologies that may help to mitigate the environmental impacts from the generation of solid waste, liquid dischargers and Carbon emissions from industries and all human activities.
- Analyze alternative solutions for a correct environmental management of the main polluting sources.
- Explain, from a comprehensive point of view, the management of waste effluents generated by different industrial activities (textile, food, paper, etc.).
- Understand the importance of the hierarchy established in solid waste management: prevention, reuse, recycle, material recovery, energy efficiency and waste disposal, including the process of waste dumping in controlled deposits.
- Describe the techniques for value creation from waste materials and process of recycle including energy recovery from urban and industrial solid waste.
- Implement soil sanitization methodologies in potentially contaminated sites.
- Organize the foundations for the implementation of an environmental management system EMS in any type of industry.
Who is it for?
The proposed training methodology, added to the clarity, breadth and didactics of the content design, allows the Master in Environmental Engineering and Technology to be directed to university graduates of medium or higher degree who wish to receive environmental training in management and environmental audits to improve your job expectations.
Professional areas of a project manager
Some of the professional opportunities of this Master’s Program are:
- Independent environmental consultant.
- Organizational advisor on the environment.
- Environmental technician in town councils.
- Environmental specialist.
- Advisor for the implementation of Environmental Management Systems in the company.
- Acta de Nacimiento (copia legible)
- Copia Certificada ante notario público de Grado de Licenciatura o Ingeniería
- Copia Certificada ante notario público de Cédula Profesional
- Copia Certificada ante notario público de Certificado de Estudios de Licenciatura o Ingeniería.
- C.V. actualizado
- Carta de Exposición de Motivos de ingreso firmada
- Solicitud de inscripción
- Solicitud de beca
- Fotografía Digital en formato .jpg (vestimenta formal, sobre un fondo blanco liso y con el rostro despejado).
- Citizenship card
- Birth Registration (legible copy)
- Certified copies of your Bachelor’s Degree or Engineering
- Certified Copy or Apostilled of Professional Card (if issued in the country of origin).
- Updated Resume
- Motivation letter
- Enrollment Request
- Scholarship Application (only to those who meet scholarship criteria)
- Digital Photography in .jpg format (formal dress, on a plain white background and with a clear face)
First Term: Environmental Engineering and Technology
The subjects allow to know and understand, firstly, the theoretical, conceptual and historical foundations involved in environmental engineering and, secondly, its organizational, social and technological implementation.
The objective is to get students to acquire a global vision of environmental engineering, through different related multidisciplinary themes.
The subjects that make up the first part are shown below:
Fundamentals of environmental engineering
Solid waste recovery and treatment engineering
Industrial wastewater treatment
Controlling Industrial Greenhouse Gas Emissions
Ergonomics in the project
Waste energy recovery
Recovery and Remediation of Contaminated Soil
Implementation of Environmental Management System in the organization.
These subjects, although being independent of each other, are complementary and are structured in the progress of the studies, according to a coherent pedagogical order. Each is divided into basic thematic units or chapters, directly related to one or more of a practical exercise and includes theoretical support material and personalized follow-up by the area tutor.
Second Term: Scientific Research Methodology and Final Project or Dissertation Thesis
The last phase of the Program is devoted to studying the subject of Scientific Research Methodology and preparing the Final Master’s Project.
- Tuition Fee: $ 950 USD
- Total Fee for Full program: $ 8000 USD
- Degree registration fees: $ 1500 USD
- Cinnova offers scholarships for this program, review eligibility criteria before applying for scholarships.
- This program allows monthly installment payments up to 30 months.
- If you want to apply for financial assistance or scholarship please refer to the Scholarship program
The award of the scholarship below is based on application selection results. Only applicants that are accepted for enrolment in the program can be considered as candidates for the scholarship. Candidates should download and fill the form to request a scholarship/study grant, then submit all supporting documentation along with the application form to the admission office.
Applicants must provide accurate and true information and required documents for the scholarship all together with the required documents for admission to the Master´s degree program.
Scholarships provided through the Center For sustainable Innovation “CINNOVA”
Cinnova provides up to 50% tuition fee scholarship for postgraduate courses.
The discount equals 50% off the full course cost. The discount will be applied at the start of the course for Online programs.
The financial assistance does not cover the registration costs.
- Applicants must be from developing countries* who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- Applicants who are currently living in Mexico under a working visa are NOT eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants who want to pursue a second post-graduate degree at Cinnova are not eligible for the scholarship.
*Developing countries included in the latest OECD DAC list.
To apply for scholarships and study grants filling the registration form. If you need more information, feel free to contact the admission office to firstname.lastname@example.org and the admissions support by calling to +223 55 949 4799
Applications and Finacial assistance request until July 30th, 2020,
Classes start August 18th, 2020
In order to start your admission process please fill the application form attached and send us to email@example.com , one of our representatives will contact you shortly to guide you during the entire admission process.
Also, you can start your application online by clicking here:Online Applications
The Center for Innovation and Sustainability
ARS – East Legon, Accra
Tel.: +233 55 949 4799
Office Lima – Peru
The Center for Innovation and Sustainability
Admissions Office for Online education
Andromeda MzB, Block 20
Tel.: +51 64241807
Whatsapp: +51 988041893
Salazar Norte # 26, Col. Cuauhtémoc, C.P. 61506
Tel. 01 800 002 3737
Is financial aid available?
Yes, The Center for Innovation and sustainability provides financial aid to learners who cannot afford the fee. Apply for it by submiting your schollarship aplication to the program´s manager for evaluation.
How can I apply for a CINNOVA scholarship?
During admission selection process, outstanding applicants from developing countries with financial need will be automatically considered as candidates for the award of the CINNOVA scholarship. Thus, no separate application is necessary.
What is the status of the master’s programme at UNICEPES?
The master’s programme at UNICEPES officially recognised as a national institution of higher education by the Secretary of Public Education of the Ministry of Education, of Mexico. In addition, UNU-IAS postgraduate degree programmes were accredited by the National Institution for the Official Recognition of Studies (REVOE) of federal and national goverment in Mexico.
Do I need any professional experience in order to apply for the programme?
Our programme does not require professional experience.
Is the programme offered in Spanish or English?
The Master program is ofered both in Spanish and English languages, but you should demonstrate proficiency in the language of the program you area applying.
Do I need to have a bachelor’s degree in a certain field?
Interested applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in a field related to sustinability science.
Part-Time Program for International students
In addition to the Online Master´s program, UNICEPES and The Center for Innovation and Sustainability offer a part-time Dual Career Training Programme. The program has two Phases:
The first phase delivered Online that covers most of the program and the second phase is delivered in the University Campus in Morelia Mexico. The program meets the needs and availability of master’s students with full-time or part-time jobs, allowing them to combine their careers by obtaining a Master’s degree. Students will have the opportunity to gain more experience and knowledge by visiting sites and operations from important industries and projects in Mexico. For more information write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition Fees for Part-Time Programs
- Admission and Reservation Fees: $ 950 USD
- Overall tuition Fees: $ 8000 USD
- Degree Accreditation and Registration fee: $ 1500 USD
- This program allows monthly installment payments up to 30 months.
- The cost of the program Cover some living expenses for 10 days in Mexico such as Accommodation, Meals, Transport from the airport to the University campus.
- Outstanding Students are encouraged to apply for financial assistance to cover 50% of the cost of a roundtrip airline ticket. This may be subject to a previous assessment of the academic performance of the student during the program and other relevant aspects.
- These fees do not include Visa plications costs.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
The progress of science and engineering projects has led to important changes in the various facets of project execution.Register